Sunday, January 30, 2011

Drinking & Depression Don't Mix

Drinking alcohol while you're on anti-depressants is not a good idea. Let me say this again, drinking alcohol when you're on anti-depressants is not a good idea. I know this. Everybody does, right? But I have made the regrettable decision to drink heavily on two recent occasions, and both times I have majorly regretted it. Now, I didn't drink to vomitting or to the point of making a fool of myself. But I did drink enough that I had a depression hangover the next day, both times. Depression is bad enough without throwing alcohol in the mix. What was I thinking? Well, I know what I was thinking....I'm better now.....I can go out and have a good time again....Nothing's wrong with me....I am just like everyone else...Life is fun again... Drinking for me equals depression denial. And when the denial wears off, the sadness sets in. And I wonder, will I ever not have to deal with this depression? Will it always be there, lurking behind the corner, waiting to make a dramatic appearance? It seems like a cruel trick that just when I start to feel better and think I have this thing beat, that I have another rough moment or hour or day, and it feels like I am back at square one. Lesson learned. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment