Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'm Back!

Today was wonderful. Not because anything special or extraordinary happened, but because, for the first time in a month, I felt like myself again for the entire day! There is a misunderstanding out there that taking anti-depressants makes you feel high or buzzed or happy all the time, as though they are a magic happy pill. That is not the case. At least not for me, nor for the hundreds of other people I have worked with over the years that have taken anti-depressants. I just feel like myself again. When an anti-depressant works for me, I just feel as though I did for the first 27 years of my life, and not how I did for the six-month period and one-month (and counting) period when I felt inexplicably depressed. I am so grateful to God to have had this day of feeling like myself again. I hope and pray that for each of you struggling with depression, you have one of those days soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment