Friday, April 15, 2011

It's A Beautiful Life

I have a beautiful life. There is no doubt about that. I have a husband, who is more loving, patient, and kind than I knew a man could be. My father was an angry, uninvolved, self-absorbed person, and he was a neglectful and verbally abusive husband to my mother. I knew there were dads unlike mine. But I didn't know there were dads as good as my husband is to my son. It breaks my heart when I see them together because it is so incredibly precious. I also have a beautiful home. One I always wanted. Don't get me wrong, it's no mansion. But it is a simple, contemporary, yet cozy home that my family and I are crazy about. I have two little dogs who love me unconditionally. They are also my babies. My 3 year-old baby boy is my sweet little angel. He is the apple of my eye. I always had a picture in my mind of what my son would look like, and who he would be, and it has came true. God gave me the little boy I always wanted. I earned a Master's degree and I worked as a therapist in a job I always wanted. I am finding my niche and becoming successful in my career, even though I am still fairly early in it. I am financially stable--something my parents never had. I am blessed with so many friends and acquaintences who are lovely. I am very close with my two brothers, and they love me unconditionally. There is nothing at all to complain about in my life. I am truly, unbelievably blessed. But I have depression. And it hurts so bad. It is an irrational depression that has nothing to do with my life or my situation. What frightens me most is that I don't think my life could get better, and yet I am depressed. I have no control. All the love in the world, all the money in the world, and all the accomplishments in the world cannot prevent or cure depession. It feels hopeless....as though nothing within my power can get rid of this depression. I have turned it over to God time and time again. And He always answers my prayers. I'm going to turn it over to Him once again. Dear God, please be with me. Please be with all of us moms out there living with postpartum depression and depression. Please give us strength to keep going, to keep fighting, and believing that we will get better through Your love and Your strength. Amen. God bless.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great post! It is important to remain positive and to remember all the blessings we have been given in life. I have struggled with PPD and this positive attitude has helped me rise above it. I want to share this website, http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-ppd, because it offers a lot of coping strategies for mothers with PPD. I hope this is helpful for those still suffering from PPD.

    ReplyDelete